Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lord of the Rings

Go down 
+6
GryphonGirl
Gingerale2711
berowl
Phoenix
2COOL
Amber
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-14

The Lord of the Rings Empty
PostSubject: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 7:00 am

These books were probably my favorite series to read.
Did you know Frodo's name was origionaly gonna be Bingo? i thought that was weird
Strongly recommend them.

This was one of the few series were the movies were almost as good as the books! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 am

I have started the series but kinda got lost in the part with tom bombadill or watever his name isscratch oh well, ill try again laterSmile
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:40 pm

i love these books they're very intriguing For soem reason i dont know why but Pippin was always my favorite charachter he was always trying to make something funny at least until he di something stupid and did you know that they are loosely based on the bible. and the guy who wrote them was best friends with C.S. Lewis who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia series
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
berowl
Admin
berowl

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:46 pm

I've never read the books but I LOVE the films, especially the long versions. These are the best movies I've seen and I heard they respected the books greatly.

There's nothing bad to say about it.
Back to top Go down
http://littledailyprophet.wordpress.com
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Yeah, i was really happy how closely related he book was to the move. For example alot of the dialog in the book was in the movie as well.
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 am

ya the movies were really good and followed the books well though they had to take out some stuff but at least they made the movies long, like 3 hours each, unlike eragon where they could have made it so much longer Mad but anyway i like the books (though i am only on the 2nd one at the moment). and thats interesting about bingo...
Back to top Go down
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:08 am

I love the Lord of the Rings, I first tried to read it when I was 8 years old. I managed to get to the return of the king before I started to get confused. Now I am reading the books again and am on the second book at the moment. A bit different from the movies, but both movie and book are excellent!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 5:46 pm

yea i love the movies and the books and they did really respect the books Ian Mckellen the guy who played Gandalf had never even read the books until he got the parts and they say he became like anexpert on the boooks and had copies lying around everywhere and even told them when they needed to fix something like on set or in the script because it either there was something in the book that asnt in scrpit/set or there was something on the set or in the scrpit that wasnt in the books. i always thought that was knda cool. And everybody in the fellowship got 9 tatooed in elvish on their arms
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 7:15 pm

that's cool. i wish an actor in the eragon movie would have done that, it could have been a lot better. so wat were the tatoos of or wat did they say or watever.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 4:45 pm

the tatoo was the number 9 in elvish and they were on their arms
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 7:08 pm

ooo, i get it. cool Cool
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:56 am

one of them didnt get the tattoo but i dont know who
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 4:41 pm

yea frodo or elijah wood didnt get it which is sad seeing as how he was the main one
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 pm

OH yeah? thats stupid i would have got it..ah well i cannnot for the life of me finish the first book is anyone else having this dilema?
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm

i am still reading the second book, i have been for months. my stategy is that i keep the book at school and i only read it at school cuz when i am at home i like to read a lot and i can't read the lotr for a long time cuz otherwise i get confused and my brain hurts. so ya i am kinda in ur dilema
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 11:59 pm

I cant finish it either, its soooo confusingscratch
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:39 am

i read all of the books in like 1 year!!!!! lol! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 6:44 pm

wow that sucks...
Back to top Go down
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 8:26 pm

haha, it took me about a month to read them all i thought they were soo good..

Peace out girl scoute
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 pm

woww, u are talented amber, i suppose i could finish them faster if i tryed harder and if school didn't give me so much homework. ARRG!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 5:19 am

Wow, somebody that can read as fast as me for once....
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 7:18 pm

i read the 2nd and 3rd ones in like two days each easy but that damn first one....
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 6:54 am

yea the third one was the best in boks and movies
Back to top Go down
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 8:18 am

the 2nd book was my favorite...but the 3rd movie was definately the best...haha funny story- i remember when i went to see that movie in theaters with my friends and..stupid us all of us got pops...half way through that movie i we all had to go soo bad it wasn't even funny! and the worste part was that there were so many blackouts and it seemed like the movie was over so you would stand up and then suddenly it would start back up again...terrible, absolutely terrible

peace out girl scoutes
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 5:56 pm

ya, i finished the 2nd book a few days ago. the reason it took so long was cuz i had to keep a book at school that i could only read at school so i kept that one there(and i never got to read at school a lot so i cuoldn't finish it that fast). plus i was reading other books when school just got out so i didn't finish the lotr till a few days after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings   The Lord of the Rings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Daily Prophet's Forum :: Other Books :: A Forum for all the other books you want to talk about-
Jump to: