Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Chronicles of Narnia

Go down 
+9
Arya08
christlina
greenmagicpixie13
Gingerale2711
Alaina**Loves**Saphira
berowl
GryphonGirl
2COOL
Phoenix
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The Chronicles of Narnia Empty
PostSubject: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:56 pm

i love this series i have been reading these book since i was three
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 pm

I own this book, it is pretty good but has very old sayings and things so sometimes i get lost.scratch But i love the movie!I love you
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:28 am

its actually a series containg seven books and it was written rite after WWII so old sayings are expected and the movie is on my top ten
Back to top Go down
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:11 am

They are pretty good books. My favourite one would have to be The Last Battle.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 pm

The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe has always been my favorite. it was the original first book but then C.S. Lewis wrote The Magician's Nephew and that became the first book. I always used to wish that the four siblings could've been in every book.
Back to top Go down
berowl
Admin
berowl

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 3:10 pm

I was a bit dissappointed by the movie, I haven't read the books yet, but it felt like kids of 5 years old could become great elvish archors with platic armors..... confused

Well...... Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://littledailyprophet.wordpress.com
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 pm

what i always thought was cool about them was tht the guy who wrote the Lord of the Rings actually helped convert CS Lewis to christianity and CS Lewis based the Chronicles of Narnia very strongly on the bible so that little children would become more interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Im not crazy bout the series... but i love the movie!!!!! pig
Back to top Go down
Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:47 pm

But my favorite book out of those series is The Silver Chair and the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe study
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:50 pm

i read these books and they're pretty good. for some reason i really like the 3rd book: horse and his boy. dunno why. i haven't read them for a while though so i don't remember much of them.
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:02 pm

The only book I read out of the chronicles of narnia was the lion the witch and the wardrobe. I liked the movie alot better then the book! geek
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:02 pm

they neeeeed to make a movie out of the horse and his boy! its the best one..lot o action, and its a love story all the great characteristics for a great movie!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:37 pm

ea they said that they are planning to make all of the books into a movie
which should be pretty cool it also means that they will probably do The Magicians Nephew next though seeing as how its technically the first book
Back to top Go down
Arya08

Arya08

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 7:13 pm

well, now the movie has been out for a longgg time...so i don't think they'll make another movie...oh, and i haven't read the whole series, but i read i think 2 or 3. i know the witch and the wardrobe, and prince caspian or somethin like that? oh well...well, i loved the movie of the watw! i loved the fighting scene toward the end! sooo cool!
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:19 pm

the chronicals of narnia are good until you read other things like bartimaeus and eragon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Arya08

Arya08

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:02 pm

yeah, that's true, but they're still pretty good. i've not read them for awhile, so i can't remember if they're really good or not....me confuzzling...
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:18 am

Bartimaeus, i looovvveee Bartimaeus. i haven't said that 4 a while so i thought i'd point it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 4:59 pm

hey gingy.............BARTIMAEUS ROX MY SOX TO THE MAXIMUM DEGREE lol
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:55 pm

i looovvveee Bartimaeus......... I love you
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Chronicles of Narnia guys and i just found out they are making another movie theyre making Prince Caspian next and all the same people are in it
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm

hmmm... prince caspian, which one was that...hold on, i'm thinking. all the different books confuse me and i can never remember which one's which...uh. wat one was that about again? i can't remember... scratch
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 10:54 pm

PRINCE CASPIAN WAS ABOUT Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy, are waiting for connecting trains at a railway station in the course of their journey back to their respective boarding schools when they feel the pull of the magic and are drawn into Narnia and find that more than a thousand years have passed since they reigned there as kings and queens (in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

They arrive at the ruins of Cair Paravel on a small island at the shores of the Eastern Sea. They go exploring in the treasury and discover the gifts they received from Father Christmas. Edmund did not get a gift so he takes a sword, and they cannot find Susan's horn, which she lost on their last day in Narnia. They soon afterwards rescue a dwarf called Trumpkin from summary execution (it was to have been pretended that he had fallen victim to "ghosts"). He explains that much of the old magic has been lost and the land has been "civilized" under the domain of a race of men from Telmar, and that the Telmarines fear and shun the lands around Cair Paravel. The old inhabitants of the kingdom, talking animals and dwarfs and other fantastic creatures, have been driven into the wild and unfriendly parts of the land to live in hiding.

AND A LOT MORE
Back to top Go down
Arya08

Arya08

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 2:50 pm

did you get that off the back of the book, where it is explained like in a summary???
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:30 pm

that is one long summary
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 4:16 pm

ooo, i remember that one now, was that the one with the apple trees? that they planted a long time ago and they were happy they had them now? they were on a little island.... ya, i remember now. thanx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Narnia   The Chronicles of Narnia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chronicles of Narnia
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Daily Prophet's Forum :: Other Books :: A Forum for all the other books you want to talk about-
Jump to: