Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE BOOK!

Go down 
+7
Stapler
christlina
Cerill
Sparky
Gingerale2711
Phoenix
2COOL
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 10:17 am

ok, this was someone elses idea, but i just thought i would put it in motion. By the way, pleeeease be serious!

This story is about a boy called nathaniel, a poor orphan boy, 16 years old, who hunts for food and sells some to the villagers for money. he lives alone in in a small cottage. elves, dwarves, goblins and dragons exist except that the dragons arent smart they are just predators,and nathaniel lives far away from all of those species.

Nathaniel woke early, eager for for the days hunt. He jumped out of bed, ran to his dining table, and picked up his long bow and quiver. These items were dear to him, his father gave them to him before he died. Nathaniel headed out the door pumped, not even eating his usual bread and honey.
He pranced towards the forest, not knowing what will happen next.

Your turn to continue the storie.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 6:04 pm

its really crappy but its all i could think of feel free to change

As Nathaniel entered into the woods he sensed that there was somethign different about these woods since last he was there. Right as he was about to continue on to his noraml hunting spot, he heard something that made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up.

He turned around and not twenty yards away stood a very odd looking creature that Nathaniel had never seen before. It was tall, and had a lanky posture. Its face was grotesque and it sneered at Nathaniel.

Nathaniel tried to walk away backwards very slowly when the thing attacked him. Nathaniel never saw it coming. As the creature lunged for him Nathaniel jumped over to the side not realizing that the only thing on the side was a hill. And Nathaniel started falling all the way down. When he finally reached the bottom of the hill he could still hear the creature trying to get to him.

After Nathaniel had regained his stature he began his way back hime having caught nothing. Then out of the shadows lurked a dark being. And the man said, "It seems you've angered my beast. I'm going to have to do something about that." The whole while Nathaniel just kept thinking that this day had to end sometime. If only he knew the path that lay ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 1:23 am

k, i am not the best writer... does nathaniel having anything to do with the nathaniel in the Bartimaeus Trilogy?

An eerie silence followed. Nathaniel knew that this man meant harm, he just didn't know if he could out run him. Worth a try he thought. As quickly as he could, he pulled out his bow, took an arrow and aimed for the man in the knees. With almost inhuman speed, the man dodged the arrow and caught it in his hands.
"Nice try," the man said. Fear pulsed through Nathaniel. He new that he wouldn't be able to defeat the stranger in direct battle. He turned heel and ran faster than he ever had before, through the trees and tried to find the path leading to the village. At first it seemed that the man wouldn't follow. Then Nathaniel tripped over a root that seemed to have moved out of the foliage and onto the path of its own accord. He tumbled into the low bushed outlying the path. Pain seered up his leg. I must have sprained my ankle Nathaniel thought grimly. He was just beginning to gather himself when he heard footsteps.
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 12:16 pm

No i just thought it was a cool name.

He slowly turned around and the man was making his way toward him, his beast right behind. Nathaniel tried his hardest to get away but his ankle hurt too much. " Ive been watching you Nathaniel Meed. You are quit a legend back in the Dragons lair,(bad guy country)the man hissed." What are you talking about, what do you want?" Nathaniel blurted."
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

The man never got to answer. Suddenly sunlight streamed through a gap in the trees and the beast gave out a scream of pain. The man cursed and gave one last threat before running after his beast.
"We shall meet again, Nathaniel Meed." Then he was gone, leaving Nathaniel to try to comprehend anything that had happened. What was that beast? Why am I known in the Dragon's Lair? Who was the man? Why was the beast hurt by sunlight? How long will it take for the man to calm his beast? How soon will he find me again? Nathaniel had no idea. But he decided he shouldn't stay in the forest any longer. He made a slow and weary way to the village. The pain in his leg had subsided but it still was kept him from going as fast as he would have liked. Much to his relief, the village came in sight soon enough. He quickly made his way to the inn, and bought himself some lunch. It felt strange to see all of the village people living their normal lives when Nathaniel was being pursued by a man with some sort of monster. He half expected to see the man in the inn. But the afternoon went by uneventfully. Nathaniel decided he would stay in the village that night, and rent a room in the inn. He didn't want to go back through the forest at night to reach his home. As night began to come about, Nathaniel retreated to his room. He went to sleep quickly because he was tired after his mad run from the stranger. But his sleep was interupted by a tapping on the window.
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 am

Nathaniel snapped out of bed quicker than he thought possible. He reached into his hunting pouch and pulled out his skinning knife, not taking his eyes off the window. He made his way slowly to the window, unable to see through it because it was so green and slimy. He reached out, not breathing, unlatched the window, threw it up and in shot a huge crow.
It landed on his night table, knocking down his glass of ale. Before nathaniel could react the crow started talking. The evil crackling voice reveberated around the room.
"If you wish to live your life, without harm to you or family
go to the Dragons lair, bring your bow and quiver and madly hurry
for there lies a contest, from which you must compete
Because if you dont, it is you we are going to eat!"
"Who is we?" Nathaniel uttered, too scared to speak louder.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-03-17

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 10:24 pm

The crow never heard Nathaniel. It flew away as soon as it said what it had. Nathaneil sat down almost stunned. He was too bewildered to even think.

Nathaniel woke with a start. He found himself laying on the ground. Last night I must have fallen asleep on the ground. Nathaneil streched his sore back. It was around 5:30. He decided to head home....through the forest.
Back to top Go down
Cerill

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-03-29

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 5:14 am

As Nathaniel walked threw the village gates, he noticed 3 crows flying in a V, As if flying to migrate for food. But as Nathaniel looked more closely, he noticed that they were staring at him. Nathaniel stopped dead in his tracks, to terrified to move at all. [/i] Please go away, Please go away.[i] He thought. As if hearing his thoughts the birds turned around and flew the other direction, Despite there squaking at each other. He turned and walked as fast and as cool as possible, not trying to look frightened even though he was terrified. Later on the day, he got to his house but he noticed somthing wrong. The door to his house was wide open...
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 4:52 pm

Nathaniel's brothers Tom and Dave were on a hunting trip all that week. They wouldn't be back for 2 whole days. ( Nathaniel was 3 years younger than both of them so he wasn't old enough to go)

Nathaniel ran straight to his house. He opened the door wide enough for him to see all of his front living room. But his living room was empty, completely empty. He ran upstairs to his room. Everything was smashed and thrown around. Nathaniel ran around the house screaming Mom!!! Dad!!!! No one answered. He walked over to the old kitchen where nothing was, except for a sheet of paper. The paper said If you ever want to see anything you love com to the Dragon's Lair. Nathaniel gulped.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Oh i forgot Tom and Dave should have been prepared for what would have happend. If only they had been there.

(that was supposed to be right before the ***)
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:01 am

Nathaniel stared at the note in dismay. Feeling as if his whole life had been crushed. Even by a piece of paper. He crumbled the note, and threw it on the ground and sat in his sacked home. He sat there crying, until he saw a figure move outside is house threw his window. He grabbed the knife he had n pulled it out, ready to kill anyone who stepped in his home. Nathaniel hunched down, covered by a tiped over dresser and stared at the door...waiting. The figure walked in his house. Nathaniel could here her(asuming it was a girl by the long her the figure had) mumble something walk to the living room of the house. But before she could do anything, Nathaniel jumped out and grabbed her, putting his knife at her neck. Even before he could do anything, the girl grabbed his arm and flipped Nathaniel over her head. She pulled out ur own weapon, A broadsword but curved slightly as if to match a cutlass. She put the sword do Nathaniels neck, but hesitated. Nataniel stayed there, as the girl looked at him. But now Nathaniel noticed that the girl had pointy ears, and a defined chin. Nathaniel was staring right in the eyes of an Elf. She put away her sword and stood up. "You, my young human, are in danger." the elf said. Nahtaniel didnt listen, He only jumped with all his rage at her n tryed to tackle her to the gorund. But she stepped to the side, quick enough to dodge an arrow. Nathaniel fell on the ground. Before he could get up, hey felt the cold tip of her sword reach his neck.
"Enough human, there is no time for you to mourn when there is nothing for you to mourn about!" She said harshly.
"Get off of me!" Nathaniel yelled at her.
"i will not get off until you promise not to try and attack me again." she said.
Nathaniel didn't want to. He hated the world right now with all his anger. But he took heed to the elf's words. He didn't have anyhting to mourn for.
"Fine!" he barked
The elf let go of him, but didn't sheath her sword.
"What are you doing in my house?" Nathaniel asked.
The elf laughed and said "You call this a house? This is nothing but a pig sty."
Nathaniel felt anger rush in him again.
"No, no, Do not try it." she said.
"im sorry, i should choose my words more carefully next time."
"But where are my manners. My name is Naitas, Daughter of Levitas."
Naitas bowed to Nathaniel.
"I am Nathaniel, Son of Aragon." Nathaniel said.
"Well Nathaniel, Son of-
"Just call me Nathan." He said
"Ok, Nathan, its an honor to meet you. But right now, we have no time for courtesy's.We must leave immediatly." Naitas said, with a sense of ergency.
"Why?" Nathan said.
"You are in great danger Nathan.....
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:46 am

i hope yall dont mind but im making this into a book im done with 2 chapters and it is so far up to 36 pages but im including everyone how wrote an excert of the book.
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:52 am

so keep on sending ideas guys
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:52 am

Thats ok only if you send it to us when its done and say that all of us are the authors.Especially me:!: Cool
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:25 pm

that's an awesome idea i wonder why i didn't think of that sunny
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 12:34 am

thnks guys just keep on seneding in little bits it helps alot....her r the first to pages
The sun just began rising in Sate. The sun light drained in Nathaniel’s window. Nathaniel woke eagerly, ready for the days hunt. He jumped out of bed and grabbed his bow and quiver. They were his most prized possession. His dad gave them to him at his death bed. Nathaniel jumped down the stairs. When he got there he smelt the crisp smell of bacon and eggs. His two brothers were there, one sitting down eating, the other cooking over the stove. Nathaniel smiled. His two brothers were the only ones there for him now in his family. They took care of him when his mom died when he was 4 and his dad 7months ago. Matt turned around, taking his concentration off cooking and smacked Toph on the head, pointing to Nathaniel.
“Well good morning sleeping beauty.” Toph said smiling.
Nathaniel laughed and sat next to him at the table.
“About time you got up Nathan. I thought all the deer would die before you would wake up.” said Matt.
“Very funny.” Nathan said.
Matt put down 3 eggs and 2 pieces’s of bacon in front of Nathan and watch him devour them.
“You ready Nat?” Matt said. Only his brothers could call him Nat.
“Ready as ever.” Nathan said.
“Well hurry up and we can get there in time.” Nathan ate his breakfast and jumped up, grabbing his bow n quiver. He nocked an arrow in and strapped on the quiver.
His brothers were less enthusiastic and slowly got up. Nathan walked outside, welcoming the fresh air.
“I got to stop by the town today. It shouldn’t take long.” Matt said. He was the oldest out of the brothers.
“Oh come on Matt, you said that yesterday too. And that day the deer got away from us.” Toph said.
“Yes I know, but this time I must.” Matt said.
“….Ok fine, but were going to go ahead and start off. We’ll be at Gigara Falls.” Nathan said and sped off before any protest cam out of his brothers. Toph waited, choosing to stay or go, and then sped off to go after Nathan. Nathan had a very good lead, but Toph eventually caught up. He was faster than Nathan by a long shot. Toph was the fastest person in Sate. He and Nathan stopped running and started walking together.
“You know, this is were dad took me and Matt to. He wanted us to enjoy the land, for it might not be the same. I never understood that. Matt pressed him for answers, but you know dad. As selfish as a dwarf standing on a pile of gold. He never told us what he meant. But Matt and I always knew there was something different about him when he ever got near the forest.” Toph said, briefly stopping to take a breath of air, then continued. “He even took mom in here when she was pregnant with you. She loved the place and took you, of course you were in her belly at the time, here whenever she could.”
Nathaniel pondered with this for the 2 hours it took to get there. Maybe that’s why I love the forest so much, he thought. Toph stopped and sat down, drinking some of the water.
“I think its time to camp.” Toph said. Nathan agreed, he feet protesting with every step he took. They dug out a small out clove.
“Nathan, go get some wood for the fire.” Toph said. Nathan walked out of the out clove and across the road they’ve been traveling on and started climbing up the trees.
Nathan was the climber off the family. He was the only person, probably in Mariesia, that could climb the Blood Stone Mountains. After an hour, he came back to camp. Toph was reading the map of Mariesia until he noticed Nathan come back. Nathan dropped the wood, Exhausted from climbing perhaps, what hey thought, every tree in Sate. He sat there, watching Toph make a fire. Toph took out the long strips of deer jerky from a hunt 2 weeks ago and started cooking them. After an hour and a half they were ready. Nathan took the first one, eagerly tearing into the meat. After he finished He and Toph set up a Targeting Dummy using the long grass near the roads. Toph went first and shot. Missed it and it hit the tree behind it, leaving a mark.
“If you keep that up, Toph, You might end up hitting me.” Nathan said smirking. Toph laughed and gave Nat his bow back.
“Your turn Master Archer.” Toph said. Nathan took the bow and aimed at the dummy. He let loose his bow, the arrow shot out of the bow string with a whoosh and hit the target dead in the head. Nathan smiled, looking at his brother.
“Ok, I retrive my last comment.” Toph said, pretending to be impressed. They continued on like that till the sun was about to set. They put down the dummy and sat together watching the sun set.
“I miss dad.” Toph said, right before the sun set beyond the horizon letting night take over the world.
“Me to……Me to.” Nathan murmured. They unrolled there blankets and set down. Toph fell asleep, but Nathan didn’t. He stayed up watching the star’s. He thought about his mom and dad. How much he loved them and the day mom died took a impact on him. He fell asleep crying about them. He closed his eyes finally, letting the darkness take over.
Nathan woke up panting and sweating. His head hurt alot. He thought he saw a elf. She was standing in a meddow, over the hill just north of the camp, holding a flower. She turned and looked at him. She smiled at him until a shadow passed over him. The elf’s face turned from happy to scared. Then he felt a throbbing pain in his head. The last thing he saw was the efl running away….and a large bat-bird shaped figure fly overhead.
Nat then woke up, same place as he was before. Hm….must of been a dream, he thought. He walked over to Toph, still unsure of what happened.
“Hey Toph, did you hear or see anything unusual last night?” Nathan said.
“No, I slept threw the night. Why do you ask?” He said.
“ Oh nothing…” Nathan said. As if knowing his sense of unsureness in Nathan’s voice, Toph asked him what was wrong. But Nathan didn’t want to talk, so Toph didn’t press him for answers. Nathan Stalked over to the camp, looking over his shoulder to the meddow trying to see if anything seemed wrong in there. But he didn’t see anything so he concluded it was a dream. He started packing up his blankets and bag’s and cleaned up the camp. Toph could see Nathan’s over exagerrty of cleaning the camp and again asked what was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 12:41 am

put in 1 threw 5 stars or say somethign if u wish me to add to it.
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 12:46 am

oh yea n i need ideas for what the land is going to be called cuz i dont like Mariesia.So starting sending names for the land.]
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 4:41 am

ahh.....i have to get permission for CP to allow me to right this book cuz it does included dragons and kinda the same sceens.
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 10:37 am

I think its pretty good, but maybe a bit fast, its hard to keep up(if you know what i mean)

i rate Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven so far (inheretance trilogy being 5)

Durion, Beridian, Ainion, Megildur or Vanafindin, are they good names?
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:38 pm

i like Beridian, Ainion, Megildur
Back to top Go down
Cerill

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:44 pm

ok m...what do you think i should add to slow it down.?
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 4:31 pm

describe more...describe the house, the woods, his bow, his parents.EVERYTHING...i really like it but it needs some work
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 5:52 pm

yeah i agree with christlina. It is really good though!! cheers
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 pm

Maybe add in something about your source, then ill be satisfied;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE BOOK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE BOOK!   THE BOOK! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE BOOK!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next