Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bartimaeus Trilogy

Go down 
+6
Sparky
2COOL
Alaina**Loves**Saphira
greenmagicpixie13
GryphonGirl
Gingerale2711
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Bartimaeus Trilogy Empty
PostSubject: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 5:28 am

its a great series, almost as good as the inheritance. it takes place in modern london which is actually controlled by magicians. the things that separates magician from "commoners" is that they can summon demons(there are different kinds; djinnis, imps, myarids, and more confusing names) and controll them. the story is centralled around a 12 year old magician named nathaniel. when he was 10 or something a magician named simon embarresed him alot and the result ended up in his favorite tutor getting fired. this made him angry, also he was angry because his "master", the man who teaches him magic, didn't stand up for nathaniel when simon was embarassing him(one of the things simon did to him was beat him in front of his favorite tutor) dwelling in his anger he comes up with a plan to seek revenge on simon. to do this he must summon a high level demon(a djinni named bartimeaus) to help him with his plans. he keeps this a secret from his master who he still is angry at. but things go wrong when bartimeaus learns nathieals birth name(which magicians are supoposed to keep secret from demons) resulting in nathiel almost losing control of the djinnie(due to various reasons). after that many things go wrong but in the end nathaniel saves the magical government from being destroyed by simon(who is evil and was trying to kill the prime minister and everyone else in power so that he could control london, the most powerful magical government in the world.) nathenial figured out simons plans earlier and with the help of his djinni(who despises him because demons naturally hate the people who summon them from their homes.) ya, i know i am typing alot but it is a good book and bartimeaus is actually a witty character yet dangerous and mysterious(blah blah blah) its good, read it. i am on just started the second book. by the way, the first book is titled The Amulet of Samarkand
Back to top Go down
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:01 am

I've read the books, they were really good. The only problem was I was a bit unsatisfied with the ending.
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 3:58 am

i have just started reading the third book. soooo.... the ending is unsatisfying.... Crying or Very sad thats bad. o well, don't tell me wat happens, i will find out on my own
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 pm

i just finished the 3rd book... it wasn't exactly unsatisfying, just kinda sad Crying or Very sad . but at the end of most series, something sad usually happens. so it wasn't totally uncalled for. i am just glad nathaniel didn't stay stuck up and kinda a jerk for the whole series... that would have been really sad.
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 pm

for anyone who wants to know, there is a movie coming out for the first book, the amulet of samarkand, in 2009. so far away.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 1:12 am

I'm about 2/3s the way through the first book, the amulet of samarkand. So far its awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 1:41 am

Wow, I didn't know anyone would even think about making it into a movie! Now I'm feeling excited. Very Happy 2009, I cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Alaina**Loves**Saphira

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 3:03 am

so far im reading it... almost done with the first book. i love Bartimaeus he is so funny! i love funny books
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 3:13 am

ya, bartimaeus is awesome, he is my favorite character, i think i am in love.... I love you
too bad he is a fictional story character, kinda a difficult relationship. o and i luv the books too. also, the author, jonathon stroud, made 2 other books, buried fire and the leap, i read them, they are good too but in my opinion not as good as the bartimaeus trilogy, maybe cause bartimaeus isn't in them... Sad o well, hope u enjoy the books.
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 am

i want to read this series.it sounds really good and the books are a reasonable size too. Although it will take a while, im only just through the first book of a series of 15 or so.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 9:15 pm

I am friends with gingerale and she convinced me to read the Inheritance series and the Bartimaeus Series. i just finished the 2nd Bartimaeus book. I Love these series!!!
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 pm

ya, Sparky (whom i've never met before Wink Wink Wink wink wink), these are great books, everyone should read them. i have passed obsession and gone straight to worshiping them. k... maybe not that far, but i LOVE them. i would marry Bartimaeus if i could. but for some reason i don't think it will work out; he kinda doesn't exist... but these books are really great. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven out of 5. (i might as well add an extra star Like a Star @ heaven ) i still love them even though i finished them about a month ago. i usually have a few minutes after lunch(at school) and i go to the library and read a few pages of one of the books. these few minutes are the best part of the day. maybe i am crazy... but it is healthy to have an obsession. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:50 pm

well gosh if they're tht good maybe i should check them out. and yea dont worry obsession is ok at least i hope so b/c my whole life ive been obssesed with anything to do with the Titanic. but yea ill check the books out who are they by?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Idea You guys know how you were talking about how Eragon is close to Lord of the Rings well i wonder if this is just a coinicidence if one of Bartimaeus's masters is (Solomon) one of the United Kingdom King' name. (the united kingdom was just a kingdom that was united)
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 11:33 pm

could you explain better b/c i have no idea what you just said im very confused confused
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 3:37 am

I read all three books... 1st one was good, same with second.. The third book kinda slipped for me because of the ending.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 11:51 pm

in the bartimaeus trilogy(which are by Jonathon Stroud) bartimaeus has a master named Solomon. in the bible(i think) it mentions a Solomon who was part of this "United Kingdom"(nothing to do with Britian). u really should check it out(the Bartimaeus Trilogy). everyone has different opinions and tastes so u might not love it as much as me. but anyone with common sense(and a functional brain) would at least like them. i personally am obsessed with them. o and it is good to know that obsession is ok.
ya the ending of the 3rd book was sad, but i am glad that nathaniel and Bartimaeus ended on a good note and all(which i didn't think was possible earlier). i wish there could be more, but i really like most of the 3rd book. the ending was sad but everything leading up to that i luved. i still think the ending was good, but i wish there could be more books so i guess mostly i didn't like the ending because that was, well, the end of it(u know, there was nothing left) that was wat was mostly sad for me..... hmmm, i am babbling again. well, the inheritance trilogy will probably end sadly too. for one thing, eragon will leave alagaesia forever and i am sure someone will die.
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 11:55 pm

by the way, my signature is a quote from the 2nd bartimaeus book. it is pretty funny when u read the whole page and wat they say after and before it and all. i actually laughed out loud( i was in the car and suddenly i started laughing Laughing ) anyway, i recammand the books.
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:05 am

that was weird after Kitty went through Ptolemy's Gate...... farao
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:08 am

Wait Gingerale? Bart & Nat ended on a good note? I don't think it was possible for Bart to hate Nathaniel much more after #3!
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:50 am

Spoiler Ahead!

at, like, the last paragragh, bart said that he would have liked to tell nat how he felt(that he was appriciated that nat was dismissing him in a time of certain death, like ptolemy did) and since they were sharing the same mind, he thought that nat knew. it was kinda a good ending, but it was sad. so really i think that bartimaeus was kinda thinking of nat the same way he thought of ptolemy. it was kinda confusing. but i think i got wat jonathon stroud was trying to say. so they ended on a good note(nat saved bart, bart liked nat for it). i actually liked the ending but i wish the trilogy wouldn't have ended. ya, it was weird about kitty and ptolemy's gate. but i still LOVE the books
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:08 am

one of bartimaeus's masters was Solomon. there is a guy named Solomon in the bible too
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 1:20 am

yea the solomon in the bible was known for being the wisest man on earth
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 2:32 am

Spoiler Alert!
Ginger, I think that Bart wanted to tell Nat how much he hated him! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 4:20 am

Spoilers Ahead

no, i think bart was trying to be funny so he said like "typical that masters, don't let u get a word in or watever." but he really wanted to tell him that he was happy that nathaniel was dismissing him and all, in times of certain death. they were trying to be "tough guys and all" so they didn't say that they actually appriciated each other so instead nat says that he was dismissing him because bart might mess things up. earlier nat said that bart had been a good servant. bart was trying to be funny and lighten the mood so he said typical that masters don't let u get a word in or watever. ya ya, i am babbling again, but i am pretty sure that it was supposed to be that they liked each other, i mean they were working together and getting in each other minds so i think they appriciated each other(kinda like bart and ptolemy). at the end of the 2nd book bart said nat was changing, but i think at the end of the 3rd book, bart thought that nat was a good person again(more like nathaniel than John Mandrake). maybe u should reread the chapter or something, it didn't make much sense to me at first either. maybe i have a demented mind or something but that is how i percieved the last chapter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bartimaeus Trilogy   The Bartimaeus Trilogy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bartimaeus Trilogy
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next