Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Murtaugh. What will become of him?

Go down 
+7
christlina
short4life999
greenmagicpixie13
Gingerale2711
Amber
berowl
Phoenix
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Murtaugh. What will become of him? Empty
PostSubject: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 pm

i was hoping someone would put up a topic on this because i really want to know what people think is going to happen to Murtaugh will he stay evil or will he forget his vows and help eragon or will he die. i really want to know i because i think hes going to have a really crucial part in the next book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
berowl
Admin
berowl

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:50 pm

I love Murtagh
but I think, I don't know, he may survive in a way Eragon will find, but regarding what we know abouut ancient langage, he can only die. But I think he will die in his atempt to kill Galbatorix. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://littledailyprophet.wordpress.com
Amber

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 1:10 am

As sad as it is to say, yeah, Murtaugh is probably gonna die. Which stinks because him and Nasuada had a little thing goin on. But you never know!! Chris might throw a loop at us. Deffinatly wouldn't be the first time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 3:50 am

i hope he lives! but more than that, i hope he becomes good or dies attempting to do something good(like kill gal or save eragon) i couldn't stand it if he remains evil. i wonder if his "relationship" with nasuada will affect his fate. it might. he probably will play a big part in the next book
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 am

One word;

DEATH!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 12:10 am

green pixie, ur very opimistic, lol. but u might be right. Sad
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 1:08 am

i think whatever happens to him will have something to do with nasuada because paolini wouldnt put the comments in about murtagh goin Shocked at nasuada without a reason. He will probably die though
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm

the force is strong with this one.. wait wrong book...same idea though i think hell commit suicide because one of his oaths to galby is to kill nasuada,he'll die good he has too.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:25 pm

i dont think he'll commit suicide i mean he mite be a little crazy but give him some credit have you heard about his dad and if he does die which i pray that he doesnt i think itll will be b/c he died killing gal or helping eragon
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:40 pm

ya, i really hope that if he dies it is doing something good, whether saving eragon or nasuada, or maybe somehow killing galbatorix. though u never know...
Back to top Go down
Amber

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:47 pm

yeah, idk, i'd be crushed if he stayed on "the dark side"
all i know is that if he does die it will have a huge impact on the rest of the book either way.
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Murtagh is EVIL In the first book he didnt want to go to be with the varden because, and I sort of quote " The king himself may have some flaws, but the system is pretty sound, the varden want to tare down the empire and there will be nothing but anarchy...bla bla bla" Everything before the 2cd comma i know is write, everything after is the jist of what he said. Anyway... he is evil and he doesnt really care. So, yeah he has a crush on nusuada, so? He would still probaly kill her. But, this comes from the person who would think it cool if eragon became insalaved to gal, and have the varden lose. confused lol!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 6:15 pm

i dont think Murtaugh is pure evil he didnt want to go to the Varden b/c he knew they would recognize him as Morzan's son and he didnt want to get trapped. And theres another place you can go that tells you what happened to hm while he was away and what his life was like before we ever met him in the first book juust check out this website its got tons of answers from this web
http://www.answers.com/topic/murtagh check it out its got tons of answers on eveerything and everyone in the trilogy i think it makes good points as to why murtaugh isnt evil
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 3:17 pm

lets just admit it well love him even if he stays evil, but i dont think he is pure evil he definatly has a concience even it is shrivelled up
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 am

I think that when Eragon tries to confront Galbatorix Murtagh will start attacking him first. Then Eragon will somehow defeat him and it will break the oaths somehow. Then they'll go destroy Galbatorix together! Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 pm

no i think murtaugh will be sent to kill nasuada or hell have the chance to and then hell either kill her or hurt her and hell realize what an idiot he was and vow revenge on galbotorix and love would be what breaks the oaths i think tht would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 6:24 pm

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Hey Imagine all Eragon and Saphira, Murtagh and Thorn and, Arya, Orik and Roran against Galbatorix! That would be sweet!
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 6:53 pm

how optimistic of you.
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Yes, eragon will break murtaghs oaths and they will go riding into battle together and defeat galbatorix! then all of alagaysia will be as it should be, and everyone is happy and theres no bad stuff.... Dont make me barf. the only way you can break an oath is death. Or, if galbatorix dies, then murtagh is realised, enless theyres an oath saying'' you have to do this after i die'' afro cherry pirat alien cat pig rendeer santa farao elephant sunny I love you cyclops bom Basketball Sleep drunken
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 pm

tongue Did I say he survived? NO!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:10 pm

I'd be sad if sweet little mutagh died I love him but lets just all agree its nessacary (cant spell) *SNIFF* *dries eyes* Sad murtagh why!!! oh and you know what murtagh is a buttface in the movie everyones a buttface in the movie eragon and arya and brom and jeod and angela and galbatorix and durza and nasuada and hrothgar and ajhihad and saphira and anybody else i cant think of! their all buttfaces!!!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:02 am

i actually thought the guy they picked for murtaugh (garrett hedlund my fav actor snd future husband) played the part very well considering what he was given to work with
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 am

The amazing powers of copy and paste.Dude, i have a thought, for once, but um, I dont know how to say this, but I found somthing really cool;
I’ve combined 1 and 1 together to get a really cool thing. Has some one here stated before, CP did put in a “clock” to help with the time lines. Horsts wife, Elain. It took 5 months from the time eragon left carvahall to the when he arivies in ellesmura. This is stated in Eldest, page 29;
” This was his first visit to the farm since he, Horst, and 6 other men from Carvahall had removed everything worth salvaging from the destroyed house and burned barn. it had been nearly 5 MONTHS before he consider returning.”
Also, this is what I found interesting, I dont remember where it said this, but Elain was only 5 months pregnent when they were on the ship in surda, But dont quote me on that.
The next part i would like to say { yes, this does fit in somehow} is when eragon is talking to Brom. Page 53 Eragon;
” they couldn’t breathe fire untill they were 5-6 months old…….bla bla bla”
So, 1+1=…… Murtah was a rider when he met Eragon+ the varden.
In the battle on the burning plains thorn BREATHES FIRE. page 641. dude, that is the only logical explanation for it. this also explains a couple other points, But I dont have time to get into them.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 3:35 am

omg tht is so cool murtaugh is a little devil but i lov him anyways I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murtaugh. What will become of him?   Murtaugh. What will become of him? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murtaugh. What will become of him?
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Daily Prophet's Forum :: Eragon :: The Inheritance Cycle-
Jump to: