Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protest Protest Protest

Go down 
+4
2COOL
short4life999
christlina
Phoenix
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Can you think of at least five things you hate about your school?
yes
Protest Protest Protest Vote_lcap63%Protest Protest Protest Vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
no
Protest Protest Protest Vote_lcap0%Protest Protest Protest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
most definately
Protest Protest Protest Vote_lcap31%Protest Protest Protest Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
i love my school
Protest Protest Protest Vote_lcap6%Protest Protest Protest Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
i dont care
Protest Protest Protest Vote_lcap0%Protest Protest Protest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Protest Protest Protest Empty
PostSubject: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 am

alright guys i know this doesnt have to do with books but a group of kids at my school are protesting our school system so i thought i would see if you guys agree or if its just kids at our school
so if you can think of at least 5 things at your school tht you hate post it rant about it. if you think you're rights are ebing taken away talk about it. i just created this so tht kids could talk about what we think of our school systems. and how unfair we're being treated.
so please comment and respond its time us kids are heard
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 1:20 am

Ok so here is a student creed tht a group of us kids have been passing around at our school to get kids attention if you like it do the same. This is a pretty big deal so if you want to get involved GET INVOLVED. just think if a bunch a kids got involved we could make a huge difference

Student Creed

As your student I will not tolerate totalitarian teachers dishing out whatever punishment they see fit for even the smallest infractions. I will accept the just punishment according to the infraction in question.

As your student I will not tolerate unjust punishment for perfectly legal acts simply because you do not like it.

As your student I will not tolerate being punished for proving the teacher wrong. Whether it be correction on the rules and/or regulations, questioning their management of teaching, or correction on the material they are attempting to teach us. We are here to learn the facts.

As your student I will not tolerate racism, biggitry (classism), stereotyping, discrimination, injustice, and substandardness from any of my teachers and/or faculty members.

As your student I will attempt to prove my innocence by giving an excuse. I will call the teacher out if they single out me alone out of a group of students doing the same thing. I will receive equal treatment.

No more teacher biggitry against students! All men created equal!

- The Peace Frogs

Last edited by on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:06 pm

*clears throat* my school is most definatly the worst thing that has ever happened to me considering i am currently home schooled for those that think doing school in your pajamas is glamorous, think again! I have been homeschooled cruelly and unjustly for 9 years out of ten education years ostracized from society and have very few friends....last year was my first year i was allowed to go to school,if you could call it that 45 students k-12 isnt much of a school but i loved it with all my heart and acctually found a place there. two weeks before summer break i was informed coldly that i would no longer be attending school because they pushe "college" too much...*SCreams* why!!!! and now next year i am going back so i miss my friends from homescool(all two) and i have to find new friends at a new school. ..homeschooling is a barbaric practic and i for one hate it be careful what you wish fo. at all cost avoid doing school in your pajamas.

*demented smile* thankyou for reading my extremely pathetic and tiresomely-boring life story my school is worse than all of yours no matter how many shootings per day there are at your school i would rather be beat up everyday!

p.s. this subject depresses me
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 pm

ya i was homeschooled for a year and it does suck but its better than christian schools

and yes i know its a depressing subject but its omportant our school systems are horribly flwed the teachers tell us to act like grownups but they treat us like children
one girl was suspended after the principle READ HER DIARY and it had a violent poem in it
a gay couple was suspended for "showing affection" and yet a straight couple not 3 feet away wasnt
another girl was expelled for promoting safe sex by wearing a condom on her shirt at school because prom was coming up

We spend the majority of our time at school and if we cant even express our god given rights then how can htye say tht their system is fair

ugh sorry i had to get tht out of my system i feel very strongly
about this subject
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 am

omg are you serious about the diary thing!

i just learned today that my little sister gets points off her grade in gym if she doesnt wear white socks because "white socks absorb more sweat than colored socks"

last year, i had a french sub the whole year because our regular teacher was on paternity leave. I tried not to make her mad but we were constantly yelled at for things like wasting ink by putting a smily face next to our senteces on the board and writing too big, taking to long to go to the bathroom, signing out to get a drink, or trying to help others with questions. Once she got mad at a student for glancing at a clock. Another day she was in the halls and folowed a kid into the guys bathroom telling him to get to class. Being a literaly second late would get you marked. The clocks in the school tick backwards before the click to each minute so each day i would patiently wait for the tick back to end school. One day as i watched the clock i saw it tick back so was prepared for the bell. As i immediatly stood at the bell and left she came out into the hall, dragged me back into the room and threatend me with a detention, and wouldnt let me leave til i said what i did, saying she would make me miss the bus and call my parents to pick me up. My friend however, who had sychronized his watch with the school clocks, sweared at the teacher freely, had a 0 for his final average,purposely, and because he new when the bell would ring he left early and was to the door by the bell was not punished because she was used to his behavior.

For my last day of gym last year the bell rang and i stood to leave, i was held back with another kid who had also stood

my bus driver last year would not let us listen to music during the ride or stand. After valentines day my grade was banned from the back (our normal spot) because a 7th grade brother was sitting in the back and throwing candy. The 7th graders were allowed to sit in the back (along with the candy-thrower) while the 8th graders sat at the front with the candy that they had thrown the same day.

me and another kid had to sit out a gym class when we jumped over mats we were told not to step on

one day in elementary school my friend was banned from the year from the computers for printing a graph for a project
in 4th grade some kids were suspended for pointing their fingers at people like guns

i cant think of anything else but the old stuff right now but theres much more. ive heard of one trial or something where a girl wore a shirt with a picture of an old flag because her great grandfather or wtvr was in the civil war and they said it could be taken offensively by african americans who when they saw it would be reminded of slavery.

my biggest problem is homework as it saps the life out of your free time. really, we go to school for hours doing work and they send us home to do more work. School has there time, i have mine. Il be back with more complaints dont worry!
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 am

Hi, my name is 2COOL and i have a problem,
SCHOOL SUCKS!

Ah hem, so, once i went to a catholic school, hated it. They didnt actually teach me proper stuff like maths or anything, just about god. I have a very loud voice so straight away they pin me as the Evil or Very Mad "devils child"Evil or Very Mad and say i have ADHD.

So i ditched the school and went to a normal one.Not that bad exept this one teacher, THE APE we call her. Ugly as hell, and the brains of a monkey, sympathy level zero. A guy spilt juice on me right and i dobbed on him and she sent me to the RTC (responcibble thinking classroom for naughty kids) for "interupting class" she is an indonesian teacher right, i ask her "miss, how do you say ash in indonesian" and she says" just wait, ill look in my text book". I mean, arent you supposed to know these types of things,but its not for just a couple of things, its everything, we might as well let the book teach us:study: , and if we correct her she yells at us. god i hate her.

Death to the ape!Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 4:53 pm

alrite see look this kind of thing is going on all over the place. And yes tht thing with the diary really happened. We arent even allowed to go to the bathroom at our school during class unless u have a merit fior good behavior and even then u cant go during the first and last 15 minutes of class. We had a kid get suspended for wearing a christian shirt

the way i see it if we spend 7 to 8 hours at school and only a few hours at home and 10-12 hours asleep the only time we really have to express our rights are at school and if we cant even practice our rights there whats the point in even having them. We are being treated as if we were three if we correct a teacher we get suspended.
Last year i was the editor of our school paper and i had everyone writing things on topics that mean something to us stuff like dealing with the school system and bullies and a ton of other stuff and our principle wouldnt let us publish the paper in fear that it might the kids to rebel against the school.

It ludacris how we are being treated we should not be able to name 5 things we hate about our school. That should tell us something. We should not dread coming to school. In a grownups point of view is Children are to be seen and not heard.

I say its time we are heard if we can get our voices out there then they cant sto us

sorry if i sound a little obssesive

and just wondering who put tht they love thier school cuz id really like to know what school you go to
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 10:47 pm

my school problems seem pathetic compared to yours pheonix. i really dont have nething to say about my school this year, the freshman go to a different building than the rest of the highschool, the "annex", and we "walk the path" as we say between the buildings for classes so i dont ever know wats going on.
i cant believe you werent allowed to publish that paper though, is that even legal??????!!! i dont think your allowed to keep kids from expressing their thoughts. rebel against the school, thats the point! How can we not have the right to fight for our rights, its ridiculous! As i learned in global history:

Right of Rebellion- the belief that the people have the right to overthrow their ruler if he is a poor or evil ruler. Disasters are a sign a ruler has lost his mandate of heaven [belief an emperor ruled because god allowed him to] at which point the people had the Right of Rebellion and would support a new ruler.

If only we lived in asia...
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:06 am

Dude, my major promblem is the teachers telling the kids that the kids are a waste of time. OMG. Plus the principals dont even do anythirg about it. Also, they fired all the teachers aids and hired ANOTHER PRINCIPAL because it "was in the student best interests"
18 kids were suspended for wearing pajama pants to school.
5 kids were caught smoking/ using chewing tobbaco and they only got a detention.
1 dude was expelled cuz at a school dance he broke open a glow stick and wrote 'dick'
on the back of his shirt.
I know 10 kids who had marrajana in their lockers,and the drug dogs didnt cacth them.
In 4th grade I was allowed to be a hippie at the school halloween party cuz it promoted drug use.
A principal conficated a boys funoins{potato chips} and when the boy requested the back he got a detention.
A kid was somking on the bus and the bus driver didnt do anything about it.
staplers are banned from the school cuz theyre weapons
The concellors dont care about the students, and openly announce it.
the school spends more money on the sports program then the advanced educatoin program.
ect ect i dont have time to type.
mind if I copy and paste the student creed
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:49 am

no copy and paste it pass it around ur school just get the word out. Our schools are real problems some kids get punished for the stupidest things when others who are actually doiung something wrong nothing happens the majority of the time
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:47 am

phoenix the whole gay couple thing makes me sick but i think the couple next to them should have been suspended too,*gags* alright if anybody here thinks public schools are bad trya school with 15 teachers and only 45 students the fricken first day i wore a black out fit with a purple hat i got DETENTION for wearing black (excuse me for being half goth) and got my favorite hat confiscated havent seen it since. me and my best friend (the leaders) nd the entire math class pulled a prank n a girl that was telling all of our parents untrue embarassing things id rather not say...she told my mom i had sex with my best friend in the coat closet isnt that just nice! *screams laughing* we got suspended for 3 weeks!!!! we dyed her hair blue...we have a six inch rule...i was poking a boy that happens to be one of my best frineds and i got 5 demerits because i wore a t-shirt that said jesus rocks and got suspended because it said rocks, i was called a scum bag and my pastor felt the need to explain the meaning of that phrase, during lunch i put my lunch in the microwave that happened to have a boys lunch in it( normal we all piled our food in it) but the monitor sent me to the princapals office anyway and i learned all the facts about a godly marriage!, i have absolutely nothing aginst christian schools and i happen to be a christian myself but um well i dont reccomend small christian schools were the teachers have nothing better to do.. we could only wear skirts below our knees no pants no jean skirts no printed tees cept for gym no pants for gym only baggy things called coolats

but im rambling...someone elses turn to complain
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:02 pm

ya im not saying i support gay couples but we shouldnt discriminate against them because of it we should be treated equally. and ive gone to a very small christian school and hated it and i was even suspended to driving to school with a guy. HE WAS MY BROTHER schools have gotten out of hand.

Just this week our principle has been pulling out all the goth/punk kids asking them about a threat that has been posed to the school none of the preps or jocks or anybody like that are being pulled out its just the kids who look different

Schools have been doing this kind of stuff since schools were started we should feel safe at our schools we should enjoy going to school not dread it. Out of my whole life in school i have only ever had 2 teachers that didnt discriminate others for being different and gave out just punishment i hate sounding like a broken record butthe whole school is flawed and its time we do something

school boards would rather do something to help our athletic system than help kids recieve better education and because we have so few teachers that let anyone teach all u have to do to be a substitue is pass a test that a 6th grader could pass. my brother who almost flunked out of school passed that test and can sub if he wants to. now tell me tht system isnt flawed
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 9:12 pm

i cant ..and if someone can then their diluted to the point of total debauchery or there just plain asses i got the whole "different" lecture everyday just because i wear black and like standing out...i hate people
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:23 pm

i feel like tipping over a bus, whos with me alien seriously though it pisses me off we cant do nething
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 pm

i dont think we should be that dramatic about it we're not trying t obe violent we just want to get our voices heard. What we would like to do is a walk-out where you go to class and right as the teacher is about to take roll u walk out but it would have to be extremely organized so we're not sure yet
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 5:12 am

im with the short dude, who owns a bus!?!?!?!g
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:33 pm

but u see if we're violent then we're just doing exactly what they expect us to do they dont expect us to be smart and organized they expect us to violent and immature so i still dont think violence is the way to go
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:01 am

thats the only way they got things done in the civil rights movement so i dont see a difference
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 3:17 am

lets see... my school isn't that bad, but i live in a pretty good neighborhood, so maybe that is expected. the school isn't christian but it is still pretty small, but i DID NOT put that i luv my school they give 2 much work out and i hate it. honestly i think that i could learn more by my self half the time, though i don't want to be homeschooled. despite the fact that some of my friends are slow readers, i would still miss them alot Mad study but i agree that some schools are out of hand and something should be done. i hear some teachers act like dictators queen king . but i don't feel the need to tip over a bus, i am too busy trying to find a book that compares with inheritance and Bartimaeus(i still am in luv with Bartimaeus in case u were wondering I love you )
Back to top Go down
2COOL

2COOL

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:25 am

Wait i remembered one more thing, "the ape" told me that if i say one thing in english( not indonesian) i will have detention, well anyway she put me on the spot and said some jiberish we havent even learnt yet, and i said" i dont understand miss" then later that day she called my mum pale then gave me 1 hour before school detention, with another teacher, instead she could have tought me the phrase so i could understand, but noooo. Suspect

Death to the Ape!
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:40 am

there is one teacher(now that i think about it) that is kinda unreasonable(but that might be because she was the ISS teacher, for those who don't know wat ISS is it is 'in school suspension'. anyway, she was substuting for our art class and some of the kids were being kinda loud, so she said "no talking", about ten minutes later one of the kids asked another kid for a pencil or marker or something(she whispered it, i might add) and then the teacher said that if the kid talked one more time she would get written up. its not as bad as most the stuff u guys are talking about, but i guess this is the kinda stuff u want people to write about. so watever.... still no need to tip over a bus. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 2:00 am

Lol my friend ritchie got put in ISS, for doing something very stupid, and he said " You're sending me on the International Space Station?"
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 2:34 am

lol, that is funny Razz
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 11:42 pm

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil TIP THE BUS, TIP THE BUS, TIP THE BUS, TIP THE BUS... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:49 am

i wish we could boycott school, but i think that is illegal(so is tipping over a bus by the way). however, just telling adults how we feel about schools and their teachers and stuff isn't illegal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protest Protest Protest   Protest Protest Protest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protest Protest Protest
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Daily Prophet's Forum :: Other Books :: A Forum for all the other books you want to talk about-
Jump to: