Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eragon's father

Go down 
+10
Cerill
short4life999
Stapler
dragonfire
christlina
greenmagicpixie13
jerry_elder
Phoenix
Gingerale2711
berowl
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
berowl
Admin
berowl

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 12:36 pm

"While two may share two, and one of two is certainly one, one might be two."

While two sons (Eragon and Murtagh) "may" share the same two parents (Morzan and Selena),
And one parent of two parents, the Mother-Selena, is certainly the same one parent of both sons,
One parent, the Father, might be two Fathers (Brom and Morzan) each having one of the sons.

What in the world could this riddle be about if it doesn't support the two-father theory?

Last edited by on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://littledailyprophet.wordpress.com
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:31 am

i posted this earlier, but anyway, i agree that brom could be eragon's father. reason:
1. brom said he knew eragon's mother long enough to miss her.
2. selena was probably missing long enough from morzan's castle long enough for her to go to her brother in carvahall, meet brom, fall in love with brom, and, 9 months later, eragon could be born.
3. Somewhere it said in the books that it was that loving brom was the undoing of (the woman brom loved). when selena went back to morzan's castle, she was distraught because she knew morzan would hurt her or kill her or something but luckily he wasn't there(i think that is wat it said) but she was so ill that she died soon anyway. therefore no one in the ura baen found out eragon was alive because she died so soon after she got there.
4. and last but not least the poem berowl posted above supports this. first it says, while 2 may share 2. this means that while murtagh and eragon may share selena and morzan.
next it says, one of two is certaintly one, it means that selena is certainly one parent. then it says, one might be 2, which means something like father might be actually 2 different fathers. therefore eragon and murtagh would be half brothers. and i didn't figure this out all by myself, the people at the old blog thing figured it out first sunny i luv all the smileys pig
Back to top Go down
berowl
Admin
berowl

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 4:57 pm

"Son and Father alike, both blind as bats".

page 280 of Eldest: (Oromis) "Morzan was my greatest failure. Brom idolized him. He never left his side, never contradicted him, and never believed that he could best Morzan in any venture. Morzan, I'm ashamed to admit-for it was within my power to stop-was aware of this and took advantage of Brom's devotion in a hundred different ways. He grew so proud and cruel that I considered separating him from Brom. But before I could, Morzan helped Galbatorix to steal a dragon hatchling, Shruikan, to replace the one Galbatorix had lost, killing the dragon's original rider in the process. Morzan and Galbatorix then fled together, sealing our doom. You cannot begin to fathom the effect Morzan's betrayal had on Brom until you understand the depth of Brom's affection for him. And when Galbatorix at last revealed himself and the Forsworn killed Brom's dragon, Brom focused all of his anger and pain on the one who he felt was responsible for the destruction of his world: Morzan."

Brom was blind to Morzan's betrayal, and Eragon was blind to Murtagh's betrayal. bom
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 4:22 am

wow berowl that makes a lot of sense it kind of like its running in generations which means if that theory os correct and eragon is like brom what is eragon gonna do toget vengeance on murtaugh
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
berowl
Admin
berowl

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 am

yes, and kill him Crying or Very sad
but I believe in forgiveness, especially from Eragon, as Murtagh hasn't choose his path.
Back to top Go down
jerry_elder

Number of posts : 4

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 4:10 am

I agree with you aLL, i think eragon's dad is Brom, a reason is that in the books Angela said Brom had failed doing everything, even falling in love, i think he fell in love with Eragon's mother, Selena, and they had Eragon and Brom didn't know it.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:01 pm

i hope Eragon doesnt kill Murtaugh and at this point im not even sure hes capable but i think murtaugh still has a chance at being good. And i to think tht brom fell in love with selena and then morzan found out and thts why Brom and Morzan fought it out. it makes a lot of sense at least to me anyways
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 am

Dude, Its not like the name of hia father really affects who he is and whats going to become of him.His fathers name cant change his destiny. Because both options for his father are dead, they cant do any harm to him. So, I dont really care who it is, and if you care, more power to you.
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 5:33 pm

no offence but it kinda does matter....Blagden the white raven said that eragon was just like his father, theres alot of similaritys between eragon and brom if ya think about it and why would salina run, she didnt run when she was pregnant with murtagh...it would be cool if brom was his dad...oh and brom said he knew salina Suspect who knows??
Back to top Go down
dragonfire

dragonfire

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-17

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:07 am

i agree with all of you. I saw all of the same things that are posted here on www.shurtugal.com. i forget where in it was but i printed it all out and also what people think will be the next dragon rider Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:00 am

Hmmm... CP might throw a twist like that in... confused And after Eragon battled Murtagh he asked Saphira if Brom thought he would emulate Morzan. She refused to answer!
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 11:32 pm

ya, that is another thing toward the "brom being eragon's dad" theory. i think saphira knows something that she isn't telling eragon about his father(even if it isn't brom, but i think it is). she's was acting very suspicious Suspect when eragon was talking about himself and morzan at the battle of burning plains.
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:01 am

Well, it would be alot better than Morzan being his dad!
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 6:42 pm

this is why people should get married before they have kids its wayyyy to confusing lolI think that eragon would be extremely deperessed if he found out brom was his father. question how old is blagden!!!!??? that could answer all our questions once and for all! if he wasnt around when morzan was then he wouldnt say that eragon was just like morzan would he?? Suspect somebody give me an age people! im so confused...
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 6:46 pm

well blagden was a live when arya's father was alive so blagden must be at least 100 years old, probably quite a bit more too. i don't remember exactly. scratch
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 6:49 pm

do we know when morzan died?
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Probally just a little before Brom arrived in Carvahall which was about 17 years ago in the book!
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:12 pm

it could be as little as 15 cause eragon is fifteen in the book but it couldnt be over like 20 cause murtagh isnt any older than that...darnit!!!!! its still a mystery! forgot about murtagh*mumbles* so the bird would have known of or known brom and morzan...dammit dammit dammit!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Yeah...
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 10:44 pm

Poem deleted

Last edited by on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:59 am

well morzan couldnt have died more than 15 years ago bc murtaugh can remember him cuz remember morzan gave murtaugh tht scar so it was at most fifteen years if not less
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 2:27 am

yeah.. But i was counting the Eragon and Eldest years too!
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Wasnt murtagh like three when he got the scar? thats a pretty spiff poem there stapler i didnt know you WANTED eragon to die... Suspect i only WANT eragon to die in the movie cause that s the only thing that could save it! ok so we have absolutely no reason to think that brom is eragons father people id like proof! we only have a little speculation like selena knew brom and NO not 'knew' in the biblical sense!
Back to top Go down
short4life999

short4life999

Number of posts : 1759
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:48 am

go to shur'tugal theres like a million page article written about it proving brom is eragons father. i didnt believe it either til i read it
Back to top Go down
Stapler

Stapler

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 1:36 am

Lol, i don't, i went crazy for the few seconds i wrote the poem.... Razz Which is now deleted lol!

Last edited by on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eragon's father Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eragon's father   Eragon's father Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eragon's father
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little Daily Prophet's Forum :: Eragon :: The Inheritance Cycle-
Jump to: