Little Daily Prophet's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Daily Prophet's Forum

Thoughts and Theories

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A suggestion about the name Eragon

Go down 
+10
short4life999
Stapler
Gingerale2711
christlina
berowl
Amber
Phoenix
greenmagicpixie13
trah
GryphonGirl
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-12

A suggestion about the  name Eragon Empty
PostSubject: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 am

Well, Christopher Paolini made Eragons name Eragon because if you change one letter it becomes dragon, but I've thought about another reason why he could've been named that. Not that it really matters, but if you take the 1st 3 letters of his name 'era', an era is a long period of time, much more than a year. The next 3 letters 'gon' could be like the word gone, so it would be era gone. When Eragon was born, a era ended, started something new, something that would be changed. So a meaning for Eragon could be an old era has ended (gone) and a new one has begun.
Back to top Go down
trah

trah

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 pm

It's also an anagram of orange! ! ! ! lol!
Back to top Go down
greenmagicpixie13

greenmagicpixie13

Number of posts : 1648
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:33 pm

Good point , but i think that the anagram was very creative lol!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Number of posts : 1772
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:24 pm

that is so cool how did you figure that out cuz i never wouldve even thought about it
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifetimesphoenixmonroe.blogspot.com
Amber

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am

lol yeah no kidding. i guess i've never looked that deep into the title before!!
interesting stuff!lol
Back to top Go down
berowl
Admin
berowl

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 am

I would have not thought about it without you affraid
damn that's great!!! cheers

thanks!
Eragon may be the one who will change the world of alagaesia study
Back to top Go down
http://littledailyprophet.wordpress.com
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:00 am

I don't even remember how why I was thinking about it in the first place. I guess it just came to me.
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

Number of posts : 2650
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 10:38 pm

wow yall think way to much though an anagram for orange(orange being my favorite color) is pretty awesome, he prolly has a freind names eragon or something or he really likes aragorn from lotr, so he made it sound like that, cheers im so smart...well not really
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:34 am

Didnt they say in one of the first books that his name had a very powerful meaning
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 11:14 pm

yeah cause he was named after the first rider, not everyones named after the begining of an era bounce
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:47 pm

yea tht but i mean didnt they also say tht his name meant something or am i just completely daft
Back to top Go down
trah

trah

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 9:05 am

Ermmmmmmmmmm..................................
Do you really want an answer to that Phoenix? ? ?
HeHe lol!
Back to top Go down
Amber

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Haha (don't worry phoenix i get that all the time,which prolly isn't a good thing)
i don't remember his name meaning anything more than that he was named after the first rider.

idk, maybe i'm daft!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:42 pm

ok you guys forgive me im a little slow sometimes i have blond roots so its expected of me
Back to top Go down
Amber

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 10:12 pm

haha, Right On Phoenix!!!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 5:01 pm

i know gotta strut those blond roots. But no does anybody else notice how similiar his name is to Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings
AraGorn
EraGon
they both have the era thing going on the only difference is the gorn and gon thing.
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 6:48 pm

its funny you mention that cause when i bought that book my mom was like "aragorn?! think they copied that from lotr?" ithink that it was prolly a coincidence (not spelt right dont email me)
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

Number of posts : 848
Localisation : USA, UNITED STATES, AMERICA, U KNOW, THAT PLACE :-)
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 6:52 pm

ya, i was thinking about the whole aragorn/eragon similarity thing too. it was probably a coincedence, but i don't know for sure. maybe he was kinda inspired by the name, i don't know.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 5:34 pm

yea and arya is pretty close to arwin to
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 7:01 pm

o ya, i never thought about that... i guess he got a lot of inspiration from the lord of the rings.
Back to top Go down
GryphonGirl

GryphonGirl

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 5:55 am

Yes there are a lot of similarities between the inheritance trilogy and the lord of the rings. It's a bit similar in some ways to star wars as well.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 11:41 pm

yea cuz murtaugh is almost exactly like anakin/darth vador Evil or Very Mad and eragon is like Luke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gingerale2711

Gingerale2711

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 pm

ya, it is kinda a mix between starwars and lord of the rings. though it is still pretty original. most authors do get "inspired" by different books.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:41 am

yea im writing 2 book and they're inspired by the book Fight Club (but its VERY LOOSELY based on it) and The Basketball Diaries (also very LOOSELY based) so yea and at least he picked 2 very good books to inspire them on
Back to top Go down
christlina

christlina

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 4:44 pm

i dont really think he used them for a base its sorta like inthe same time bounce frame as lotr though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A suggestion about the name Eragon   A suggestion about the  name Eragon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A suggestion about the name Eragon
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next